PKTX'S CONSTRUCTION ELIMINATES HOT SPOTS
Unlike other grills, the PKTX cook chamber is constructed entirely from aluminum. Aluminum conducts heat 4x more efficiently than steel, which means heat is dispersed evenly throughout the capsule. Say goodbye to expensive mistakes and hello to evenly cooked meats and veggies.
PKTX'S CONSTRUCTION IS RUST-PROOF
Your PKTX will be with you through decades of sunshine, rain, sleet, snow, humidity, disco music, you name it. PK grills produced before the moon landing are still cooking strong to this day, so buying a rust-proof aluminum PK saves you dollars in the long run.
A SMART CAPSULE DESIGN & VENT SYSTEM
The PKTK is shaped like a bullet aimed at your taste buds and features 4 easy-to-use vents, allowing you to set up zones and precisely control airflow inside the capsule.
WHY IS THIS GRILL BETTER THAN GAS, PELLET, KAMADO AND OTHER CHARCOAL GRILLS?
- GAS GRILLS: Gas grills are convenient to turn on and off, but here's the problem: you can’t get flavor from a gas flame. The smoky flavor that burning wood or charcoal imparts to grilled foods IS the point of outdoor cooking. Additionally, many gas grills are manufactured out of sheet metal components and break or rust over time. $500 to $1000 to replace a rusted or broken gas grill every few years adds up over time.
- PELLET GRILLS: Pellet grills can produce flavor better than gas grills. The problem? Pellet grills require power and use mechanical augers which are prone to jamming and breakage. Now you're limited to using your grill where there is electricity. Forget about cooking at the beach or tailgate without a generator.
- KAMODO GRILLS: Ceramic egg-type grills have become very popular and they cook well. Unfortunately, kamado grills are made of porcelain, making them extremely heavy, fragile and not very portable. And once a Kamado gets hot, it stays hot for a long time which makes it hard to modulate the temperature. A PK Grill can efficiently increase or decrease temps with the smart use of venting and fuel.
- OTHER CHARCOAL GRILLS: So, if charcoal grills are #1 when it comes to flavor, what's wrong with other charcoal grills? Unlike the PK360, typical charcoal grills have only 2 vents (one exhaust vent on top and another vent below). This greatly inhibits how much control you have over air and heat flow. Many of these grills are cheaply constructed and prone to rusting. Replacing a rusted or broken grill every few years adds up over time. Sorry, there is a little math involved with good grilling.
WHAT SEPARATES THIS GRILL FROM OTHER PK GRILLS?
Now that you know what makes the PKTX better than other types of grills, what separates it from our other grills?
The PKTX takes everything that is great about our Original PK Grill and puts it on a clever folding cart that makes it easy to take anywhere you need to grill.
- The PKTX is slightly taller than the Original PK, designed to be standard working height, and it's loaded with real rubber wheels, not plastic ones.
- The PKTX uses the same capsule and therefore has the same cooking surface area as the Original PK.
- The PKTX has slightly less volume and headroom in the capsule (4080 cubic in. vs 5374 cubic in.) than the PK360. Still plenty of room of roasted chicken and some veggies.
- The PKTX combines a classic look with a convenient touch. It folds down to become it's own rolling cart. You can even throw a bag of charcoal on it and pull it with ease to the cookout or cookoff (for you competitive types.)
The PKTX is the king of the tailgate.