THE ORIGINAL PK'S CONSTRUCTION ELIMINATES HOT SPOTS
Unlike other grills, the Original PK's cook chamber is constructed entirely from aluminum. Aluminum conducts heat 4x more efficiently than steel, which means heat is dispersed evenly throughout the capsule. Say goodbye to expensive mistakes and hello to evenly cooked meats and veggies.
THE ORIGINAL PK'S CONSTRUCTION IS RUST-PROOF
Your PK will be with you through decades of sunshine, rain, sleet, snow, humidity, disco music, you name it. PK grills produced before the moon landing are still cooking strong to this day, so buying a rust-proof aluminum PK saves you dollars in the long run.
A SMART CAPSULE DESIGN & VENT SYSTEM
The Original PK is shaped like a bullet aimed at your taste buds and features 4 easy-to-use vents, allowing you to set up zones and precisely control airflow inside the capsule.
WHY IS THIS GRILL BETTER THAN GAS, PELLET, KAMADO AND OTHER CHARCOAL GRILLS?
- GAS GRILLS: Gas grills are convenient to turn on and off, but here's the problem: you can’t get flavor from a gas flame. The smoky flavor that burning wood or charcoal imparts to grilled foods IS the point of outdoor cooking. Additionally, many gas grills are manufactured out of sheet metal components and break or rust over time. $500 to $1000 to replace a rusted or broken gas grill every few years adds up over time.
- PELLET GRILLS: Pellet grills can produce flavor better than gas grills. The problem? Pellet grills require power and use mechanical augers which are prone to jamming and breakage. Now you're limited to using your grill where there is electricity. Forget about cooking at the beach or tailgate without a generator.
- KAMODO GRILLS: Ceramic egg-type grills have become very popular and they cook well. Unfortunately, kamado grills are made of porcelain, making them extremely heavy, fragile and not very portable. And once a Kamado gets hot, it stays hot for a long time which makes it hard to modulate the temperature. A PK Grill can efficiently increase or decrease temps with the smart use of venting and fuel.
- OTHER CHARCOAL GRILLS: So, if charcoal grills are #1 when it comes to flavor, what's wrong with other charcoal grills? Unlike the PK360, typical charcoal grills have only 2 vents (one exhaust vent on top and another vent below). This greatly inhibits how much control you have over air and heat flow. Many of these grills are cheaply constructed and prone to rusting. Replacing a rusted or broken grill every few years adds up over time. Sorry, there is a little math involved with good grilling.
WHAT SEPARATES THIS GRILL FROM OTHER PK GRILLS?
Now that you know what makes the Original PK better than other types of grills, what separates it from our other grills?
The Original PK is the wise grandmother of our PK Grill line. An old school cooker with all the stories that cooks like crazy and just won't stop.
- The Original employs sliding vents and a squatty cart that some people don't like, but she's too old to care what other people think.
- The Original PK is shorter than our other grills, about the same height as a comparable kettle grill.
- She has 310 sq in. of cooking space so you can cook plenty of food for a regular-sized family with no problem.
- The Original PK is not quite as voluminous as the PK360 (4080 cubic in. vs 5374 cubic in.), but she says it suits her just fine.
- The Original PK combines a classic look with old school touches, which means there is nothing new-fangled or fancy about an Original PK Grill. It just does what it is supposed to do. It cooks great and lasts a long time.
It's no wonder it's one of the most beloved outdoor cookers ever to come down the pike.